About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Poem - You Care About What........

You Care About What I Do, But Not How I Live

I’ve come from countries near and far
Witnessed the despair of the generations before me
Lived in many a places
The favelas of South America, the shacks of the Caribbean, the projects of North America, even the ghettos of Europe, and shanty towns of elsewhere
My dignity is non-existent
I eat by any means necessary; will work for any dime, nickel, or cent
When you see me, you remove the Help Wanted signs from your windows
Not interested in employing the likes of me
You don’t bother to travel through my part of town with your bull horns announcing employment opportunities
But you will knock on my door to tell me that Jesus is coming and that I must repent
So, I lay where I can, with whom will receive me
Some people take what they want and give me what they can
There’s a seed that grows within and I, by no means, don’t have a plan
I’ve sowed many fields and planted many gardens
I can get by, but by whose grace?
You turn up your noses, you stamp decline on the papers that I submit
When will you have time to help me; take the time to direct me?
Don’t bother, it is OK.  I am my own person, right?
Many beautiful plant lives grow out of the cracks; lush green grasses and floral weeds
But there isn’t any crack big enough to sustain another human life
So save your mumble jumble for yourself and let me do what is best for me
For within me grows a seed that doesn’t, that won’t, that can’t fit through the cracks
Where you live, how many cracks in the ground do you see?



All poems published at www.iamsocialbutterfly.com are original and copyrighted. If you need a poet to perform or are looking for guest speakers, feel free to contact me. If you would like to republish, please contact me for prior approval.
Thank you for your support, make sure you comment, subscribe, and visit my sponsors. 

Till Next Time......
Live Positive ~ Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails