About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Friday, October 7, 2011

My Top 5 Smoothie Ingredients (ETL #5)

As many of you know, I am really into smoothies these days. AND, I have stated before -I think, that smoothies are a great way to incorporate raw food into your diet. I have yet to try any of those exotic recipes like raw chocolate pudding or raw pizza, though.

I have never wondered what the health benefits were of anything that I have eaten before, so why now. Plain and simple, IDK, but it sure is fun to know. I feel smarter and informed. So, I will share that info with you. In addition, you know Google and me are buddies, so that is how I found the links below.

Here are my top 5 ingredients I use in my green smoothies.
  1. BANANA - Here are 8 health benefits of this fruit. (When I purchase my bananas, I peel, break into 2, and wrap in aluminum foil to freeze. I never use ice for my smoothies)
  2. DATES - I use this as a sweetener and I add about 2 or 3 per smoothies. Here are its benefits.
  3. KALE - This is where the green comes in. I love it because it is dark and the taste is mild; which means you won't taste it once you add all of your fruit and spices. This vegetable has 9 health benefits.
  4. APPLE - An apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Here are 10 health benefits, many of which is a cancer preventor. Hmmmm, it is Cancer Awareness Month (breast).
  5. AVOCADO - I usually cut it in half so I can get 2 uses out of it. The 2nd cut is put in the freezer too. These have 10 health benefits too. I have also heard that avocados should be eaten every day.
Here are the links to the past ETL (Eating To Live) postings:


Thank you for your support, make sure you comment, subscribe, and visit my sponsors.

Till Next Time......
Live Positive ~ Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails