As many of you know, I am really into smoothies these days. AND, I have stated before -I think, that smoothies are a great way to incorporate raw food into your diet. I have yet to try any of those exotic recipes like raw chocolate pudding or raw pizza, though.
I have never wondered what the health benefits were of anything that I have eaten before, so why now. Plain and simple, IDK, but it sure is fun to know. I feel smarter and informed. So, I will share that info with you. In addition, you know Google and me are buddies, so that is how I found the links below.
Here are my top 5 ingredients I use in my green smoothies.
- BANANA - Here are 8 health benefits of this fruit. (When I purchase my bananas, I peel, break into 2, and wrap in aluminum foil to freeze. I never use ice for my smoothies)
- DATES - I use this as a sweetener and I add about 2 or 3 per smoothies. Here are its benefits.
- KALE - This is where the green comes in. I love it because it is dark and the taste is mild; which means you won't taste it once you add all of your fruit and spices. This vegetable has 9 health benefits.
- APPLE - An apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Here are 10 health benefits, many of which is a cancer preventor. Hmmmm, it is Cancer Awareness Month (breast).
- AVOCADO - I usually cut it in half so I can get 2 uses out of it. The 2nd cut is put in the freezer too. These have 10 health benefits too. I have also heard that avocados should be eaten every day.
Here are the links to the past ETL (Eating To Live) postings:
Thank you for your support, make sure you comment, subscribe, and visit my sponsors.