About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Proactive Parenting: Grades

Social Butterfly Presents: Proactive Parenting


Proactive: Acting in advance to deal with an expected difficulty; anticipatory...

Parenting: The rearing of a child or children, especially the care, love, and guidance given by a parent.

Grades


Does your child know what grades he/she is expected to make? I think it is very helpful to tell your child what is acceptable, repeatedly. I have been blessed with really smart kids, however, the blessing falls short because my smart kids don't always make bring home smart school grades. When it comes to school; you will have children that are smart and make good grades everytime, smart and doesn't always make good grades because they have a very different agenda (mine), average B-C student, and students who struggle to grasp what is going on. I am sure these types can be broken down further, but I am sure you understand where I am going. So with that said, I have to sometimes push my children up, when they are falling down. I don't mind it, but it can be frustrating sometimes when I get that progress report and I see C average in some of those classes. They know I will be mad, so why don't they prevent that grade before hand, I don't know.

So, my question to you is, :Does your children know what is expected of them when it comes to their education?" Please share your expectations, I might want to adopt it. LOL

Some people really feel that the US school system is failing because of the parents. As stated in a previous post, I disagree; however we can continue to be proactive parents and help our children be the best they can be.

Till Next Time......

Social Butterfly

Live Positive <> Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails