About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Expect More From Yourself

Some people may think that resolutions are pointless. If you are one of those, then try changing the name to goals; yea, do you remember that word? How about long-term and short-term goals. In actuality, a resolution is very similar to a goal.
Resolution: a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner
Goal: the state of affairs that a plan intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it
I hope you can see the similarities.

Now that we have that out of the way, I am asking you to expect more from yourself this year. If you have made resolutions/goals before and it didn't work out as planned, then so what. Don't think because you didn't do it before that you can't do it this time; because, YOU CAN! and YOU WILL! That is why I will share this poem that I wrote after embarrassing myself on stage. After that incident, I just wanted to give up. But, something within me wouldn't let me.
Plan greatness in your life this year
and
expect nothing less from yourself
~ Social Butterfly~

So, whether you made resolutions or goals, we are going to start it right.

Till Next Time......
Live Positive <> Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails