About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Self Motivation

There comes a time in everyone's life when she/he feels like all hope is lost. It may last for a second; a few hours; a lot of days; and for some, many years. I assure you that all hope is not lost. It just seems that way.

Here is a list of things for you to do or say to motivate yourself when you are sick and tired of attending that pity party you keep throwing for yourself. As usual, there is no particular order. Try them all and pick what works best.

  1. STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF! - You have control over how long you feel sorry for yourself. Dust your shoulder off and pick up the pieces that are worth salvaging.
  2. WRITE AND REPEAT! - Keep a journal, notepad, notebook, tablet, or utilize the notepad feature that may have come with your phone. Write positive notes to your self and/or repeat them to your self when you need a pick-me-up.
  3. TALK ABOUT IT! - Call, IM, text, PM (private message) your friend on Facebook. Get in contact with your friend and tell them what is going on. There is nothing like the comfort that a good friend offers. The words of wisdom that flows from that person's mouth will be like a breath of fresh air. SN: if you have never felt that way after speaking to your friend, don't call that one when you are feeling down.
Here are a few lines for you to say, I am sure one or more of them will pick you up:

I am going to live my life to the fullest.
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
When one door closes; several will become available to me -or- another one will open.
I love myself, flaws and all.
I love me for me.
Smile, Jesus loves you.
Be all you can be.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I have faith in myself.
No one can keep me down, I have the power to get back up.

This posting is a part of a series about Community-Self. I enjoyed writing this post and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Till Next Time......

Live Positive <> Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails