About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Raising Taxes? Are you kidding me!!!

I wrote this blog just a few days ago while at work, so sorry if it is a bit outdated.

Thursday, September 16th I think; I overheard on CNN the complaints of someone about the raising of taxes when Bush's tax law expires.

I'm sorry, I am a bit confused. Are we talking about raising taxes on the rich or taxing them period. I mean there is a difference. The media seems to be trying to play with my mind with their wording. The rich have tax breaks. They are not paying certain taxes. They are saving money. Where is that extra money going? IDK and I wish I knew. I will tell you where it is not going; they are not giving employees raises, they are not hiring, they are encouraging doing more with less, etc.... So, I repeat, where is the money that they are saving at? We are taxed at the pump, grocery store, on the bills, and our lil paychecks. Taxes are necessary. We all need to pay them so that we (Americans) can pay the debts that we owe, lest not forget about schools, community centers, and hospitals. I can probably come up with more, but I won't right now. I don't hear many saying, "I make over $250k and I have hired X employees in the last month, please extend the tax breaks." So, excuse me, this statement is for the small percentage of the rich that receives the Bush credit right now: Tell me, what is being done with the $$ that you are saving, because if it is helping get this economy back on track then I can side with you. Until then, you do not have my vote.

We all need to do our part, including the RICH.

Till Next Time......

Live Positive <> Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails