About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Friday, July 9, 2010

He's Doing Great Things

I am having a great happy day!!

I've had a series of good and bad feelings/things happen to me within a 1 1/2 week span. The big picture: My husband has gone to Barbados for a month to visit his family. I, to tell you the truth, was having mixed feelings about the separation; but, believe me when I tell you, I was ready for the separation. Well, low and behold, we couldn't connect for the first few days he was gone, because he'd call when I am just getting in, the house is a mess, my head space was just not right. I didn't want to speak to him. Then we'd speak and argue. One day, on my way to work, I was listening to gospel music and was feeling God's presence. To make a long story shorter, let me tell you, I have never had a great feeling come over me before. I felt great that day. The next morning, I had another argument with my husband, went to work, listening to my gospel music, and then...my car started feeling funny. I started praying because I know, I am not going to know what to do. I did make it to the gas station, where I eventually broke down. I cried in front of strangers and my boss. I was in a place where I didn't want to be. As people have now seen me at a low point whereas people are used to seeing me at a higher point. I made it through that day. I am now driving my husbands truck till he comes home to fix my van (yes, I drive a van not a car). So, a few days later, I am on my way to work, listening to HE WANTS IT ALL TODAY over and over; and realizing I have time to go and buy breakfast and I heard something say fast. I am like what, fast, naw, you must be kidding me. But then I said, I wonder if this is God talking to me and he wants to do something to me. I am no church goer but I was brought up in church and have heard somethings. I just thank God I was at a point that I could recognize what was going on, how many things have I missed because I didn't listen. Anyway, I was like dang, I can't not eat all day, but I am up for a challenge. I sought out guidance from some of my church going friends on how I can do this thing and inquired how long should I do it. Well, one of those great friends said, "Fast 3 days from 6am - 6pm" I was like, I can do that.

Today is my day 3.
Before day 1: It was the evening when I was on FB and a friend posted the fact that they were listening to He wants it all for the 5th time. I was like what is that, let me find it. He didn't post the link so I listened and posted the link for others to easily find it.

Day 1: While listening to the above mentioned song, I was told to fast. During this day, I received confirmation.

Day 2: I met like-minded people that I have been seeking for so long. You know how you are needing to surround yourself with like-minded people so that you can grow. I got that. As I write this, the tears are pouring. I have asked God for years for help, cursed him for giving me this gift. The gift I have is to empower women and the reason that I can't do it myself is that it is a whole package. It is hard to explain right now, but I recognized that my gift is just a part of something bigger. Last night, I met 2 not 1, but 2 women that are so much like me. It was a surreal situation. My prayers were answered.

Day 3: I am on the last day of my fast and have been compelled to share this story with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails