About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yesterday, I was a thing-finder

August 29th, I was reading chapter 2 of Astrid Lindgren's book, Pippi Longstocking, to the girls (the 8 and 6 year old). Pippi introduced her new friends to the concept of thing-finding. They were to walk around town and look for stuff. They sure did find some things that day.

Wouldn't you know that yesterday, I couldn't find my bag for school so I had to carry 3 books in hand around campus and I was in such a rush that I didn't bring a pen out of my car upon exiting. Surely I can walk around campus and find a pen lying on the ground before I get to class, right? Not! I saw a long bobby pen and a pair of lady shoes on a bench. You can imagine my disappointment by the time I got into the building. Oh, there's someone's office. As I approached, there was a sign on the door that read "There is no office supplies in here" or something to that extent and I just laughed to myself and smiled at the lady in the room. So, I am not the only one, I see. So, I had to resort to asking my neighbor in class. I then needed to reach for my glasses in my jacket pocket and wouldn't you know, there was a pen in there waiting for me to find it. I know as I was rushing to class, I put my hand in both pockets and was rather disappointed that I didn't have a spare. So, how did that pen get in there. At the end of my school day, on my way back to my car, I found a spoon too. A spoon of all things, just laying on the ground waiting for someone else to find it.

I never thought to look for anything on the ground before reading that chapter. I challenge all my adult friends to be a thing-finder for a day.

Till Next Time......
Live Positive ~ Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails