About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Schools In (LWL #1)

Just like the kids, I am super excited about the first day of school and this excitement happens on the first day of each semester for me. Taking off this past summer felt good, but I am ready to move on to the next chapter. This year is a bit different because I am attending North Carolina A & T (NCAT). I was successful in going part-time at my job which should be very helpful when it comes to studying, but it may deeply hurt my household financially.

As the semester progresses, I will blog about our journey. We are a family of 6, that's 2 adults both in college (1 is employed part-time while the other is not), 4 children (our son is 16 and going into the 11th grade, our daughter is 13 and going to the 8th grade, the second daughter is 8 and going to the 3rd grade and finally the baby in the family is 6 and she is going to the 1st grade). *I must add that we have 2 older daughters (I am their 2nd mother) and 2 grandchildren (our grand-daughter is 10 while our grandson is arriving late November). We are super excited.

We have been surviving on one income for the past year and a half and now, it is about to get really tight. I chose to work part-time because the bigger picture outweighs the current picture. Even though I was working full-time and going to school full-time for the past 2 years, it was really starting to get harder. My grades were horrible, mostly Cs and I had to drop a lot of classes. Our hopes is that my husband will get a job and we will be OK, but in essence, it doesn't matter; we have to learn to live with less in order to have longevity.

Each post in this series will be labeled (LWL #?), living with less. I will continue to share poetry, articles, insights, etc. If you haven't already joined the RSS feed or subscribed, feel free to do so NOW. Please explore my sponsors pages as well (you can help us by clicking on them).

Till Next Time......
Live Positive ~ Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails