About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Maybe There Was A Mass Mutation Of Our Genes

Let's face it, we have all thought, at some point, within the last 24 hours that kids these days are "crazy, stupid, ignorant, immature, something is missing, inconsiderate,....." And the list can go on for days. But what could have happened. Yes, our parents and their parents had complaints about our generation, BUT..... I am just saying. Something started in the late 80s, and went and got worse in the 90s (thats when a couple of mine were born, and gosh darnit, you can forget about the ones that were born in the early 2000s (I mean they are still very young right now, but they are watching the ones from the 80s and 90s). Well, anyway, my theory is that there had to have been a mutation of the genes. We kinda stoped making them the way we used to. On top of this mass mutation of genes, we stopped raising them the way we were raised.

Bottom line, something needs to change in the way we are raising our youth. The best way is to start with our own, then when your childs friends don't have the right guidance, step in. We gotta start somewhere.



Till next time; Live Positive <> Stay Positive

4 comments:

  1. Great Post! Here fro LBS and I think I'll stay around! I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting from the Lady's Tea Party too. This is a very thought provoking post. I would vote that it is parenting that is the culprit. I have some very passionate views on it. I think you are bang on right. The only way to change is with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I look at some of my friends or people younger than me, I get very, very worried for the next generation.

    People blame the media, celebrities, etc...but none of those things should replace parenting. In the end, it is up to the parents to guide their children.

    Also visiting from LBS.

    -Erin (http://mixedmamaproject.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh, I think the gene pool is fine. There's just too many parents out there that want to indulge their kids and give them everything...well, except for responsibilty.

    ReplyDelete

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails