About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Feed Me Nutrition and Knowledge

A famous proverb reads, "Train a child in the way he should grow, for when he is old, he will not depart from it."

I love that proverb. My parents brought me up fairly well and a lot of what I was taught, I utilize in my everyday life. My hope for my youth is very much the same. I, as much as I can, like to relate how what I am telling them will help them once they are grown.

I also grew up with the saying, "Do as I say and not as I do." I still love this one. I understand the new philosophy. Your children are watching you. Yea, but even though they are watching me, they are still choosing to do what they want to do. Classic example: Scenario 1. My children see me not working and maintaining a clean house. Scenario 2. They are older. I am working, and I am not maintaining as I used to. I am not doing anything because I work and go to school full-time. With both of these scenarios, the children are watching. Now, when they are told to do their chores or help around the house and they don't, who or what are they emmulating.

Bottom line, do like me and just make sure they are fed nutritious meals most of the time and understand the importance of them and give them as much knowledge as you have all while encouraging them and yourself to seek out more.

I hope you liked my post today. As usual, Live Positive <> Stay Positive

1 comment:

  1. Housework is just not a priority in the huge scheme of things. Though my ability to cope is better when I'm not living in a pigsty!
    You make some great points.

    ReplyDelete

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails