About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Ginger Snapped Smoothie (ETL #4)


I am on my 4th Eating To Live blog post and I am really liking where it is taking me AND, I do hope you are enjoying it.


So, I came up with my first smoothie recipe and I am super excited to share it with you right here on my blog. Like with most recipes, you can augment it in any way.


1/2 cup of water*
1 leaf of kale**
1 handful of baby spinach**
1/8 grated ginger
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 frozen sliced avocado
1/2 to 3/4 of peeled apple (someone ate it and left it in the fridge)
3 dates (seeds removed) (very sweet so, you may not want to double this if making more, just add 1-2 extra depending on the servings)
1/2 teaspoon of nettle leaves
1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar (not
really needed, but I brought it to use)
Blend and enjoy.
Yeild: 1 serving; 9-10oz glass


*I find that a half cup (1/2) of water is enough for one (1) person.
**if you don't have a high powered blender, you can blend the water and greens first (till all liquid, then add the rest of the ingredients).




The possibilities are endless when it comes to ingredients for smoothies. I will add another post with some great contenders and tell you why you should add them. The photo to the right was taken on 9/23/11, my daughter wanted me to pour her just a little after she tasted mine. I didn't mind sharing.

(These photos were taken on 9/23/11 even though I first made this recipe on 9/22/11)






Thank you for your support, make sure you comment, subscribe, and visit my sponsors.

Till Next Time......
Live Positive ~ Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails