About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I aspire to inspire your mind, body, & soul through my blog, Facebook Fan pages, and events. In my spare time, I am an aspiring herbalist, write poetry, short stories, and sometimes songs. My life's purpose is to share knowledge and uplift individuals to heights once thought of as unreachable.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fast Week 1: My first day

Two summers ago, I was compelled to fast.  Something within was encouraging me to fast.  I had never felt like that before.  I did go ahead and fast for 3 days.  Read/View here.  At the start of 2012, I began to hear that voice again, and so, I have started to fast.  This fast, however, will be different.  I did look into different types of fast and I am soo sorry that I never posted my research.  I will get to that soon.

So, for $3.99, I purchased the book 'The New FastGirls.'  It was read in 2 sittings and I tried my 24 hour fast. As the weeks progress, I will discuss avenues, insights, thoughts, etc on the 24-36 hour weekly fast.  This intro post is to just update my readers and to gain some followers who choose do it and discuss.

By the way, I managed not to really eat for almost 20 hours (I had 2 gram crackers throughout the day when my stomach was really loud), I did pray and tried to meditate.  I over ate that night for dinner and I was fully aware of it.  I vowed with myself to be better prepared for breaking my fast, whether I do it for 20 or 36.  I also ate and smelled a grapefruit.

As I am now drinking teas, I am choosing to drink teas and water during my fast.  I may go as far as to buy distilled water as I have read it is good to do so during detoxing.  Whenever I am able to buy an alkalizing water machine, of course I will drink that instead.

I so look forward to this new journey and I hope you join me.  I will work on getting the Fast Week post out no later than Tuesday night of each week.  My fast day will be from sometime Sunday night to around 7:00am-ish Tuesday mornings.  If you are blogging about your fast, post the exact link in the comment box so that I can comment on your blog too.

In addition you can LIKE the Facebook page created by the author, Jasai Madden

Thank you for your support, make sure you comment, subscribe, and visit my sponsors. 

Till Next Time......
Live Positive ~ Stay Positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Related Posts with Thumbnails